TmFO in brief:
- 22 experimental sites located in 10 countries and three continents (Amazon Basin, Congo basin and South East Asia)
- 452 permanent plots across South America, Africa and South East Asia
- 883 ha and 6+ million trees measured
- long-term data (avg. survey duration: 17 years)
- 40+ researchers involved from 17 institutions
TmFO is coordinated by cirad and supported by the Sentinel Landscape program of Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) research program: Forest, Tree and Agroforestry (FTA). This financial support has allowed the organization of meetings and technical workshops to define preliminary research questions and analyses.
TmFO is an open network, and scientists, institutions, and NGOs interested in the resilience of managed tropical forests are most welcome.